I like challenges. I also like lists. So I have decided to combine both and create a list of challenges to complete in 2013. One challenge for each week of the year. Sounds like fun, right? Well, you can see my list here (I’ll check things off as I progress) and you can keep an eye on how I’m doing through my blog posts.
If you’d like to join in, all you have to do is create a list and post it on your blog. You can then leave a link to your post below in the comments section of my list page. I’d love to think we can all inspire each other to keep going and achieve something good.
Your challenges can be anything at all – just be specific as you need to be able to very definitely cross those things off your list. Most of all, it’s important that we have FUN doing it!
Let the challenge begin!
1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (52/52)
2. Take part in a book blog tour - HERE
3. Interview an author - HERE
4. Read only books that I already have, have been given as gifts/to review, or have borrowed from the library for 52 weeks (52/52)
5. Read the entire A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin (7/7)
6. Read 6 pre-WWII classics (5/6)
Film and Television:
7. Watch 52 films in 52 weeks (52/52)
8. Watch 12 films nominated for Oscars at the 85th Academy Awards (11/12)
9. Watch 12 films that are newly released in 2013 (12/12)
10. Watch 12 foreign language films (1/12)
11. Watch all four seasons of Downton Abbey (4/4)
12. Re-watch all four seasons of Farscape plus Peacekeeper Wars (0/5)
13. Teach Tadpole to read
14. Take Tadpole sledging - HERE
15. Take Tadpole ice skating
16. Build a snowman with Tadpole - HERE
17. Take Tadpole swimming
18. Teach Tadpole to ride a bike
19. Take Tadpole on a big wheel
20. Take Tadpole to a pantomime
21. Spend Christmas 2013 at home with just Hubby, Tadpole and Button
Travel away from home:
22. Visit my family in Northumberland twice (2/2)
23. Visit my family in Braemar twice (2/2)
24. Go to Edinburgh for a mini break - cancelled due to moving!
25. Visit the National Museum of Scotland (in Edinburgh) - cancelled due to moving!
26. Visit Edinburgh Zoo - cancelled due to moving!
Health and happiness:
Lose 14 lbs (11.5/14) – cancelled due to pregnancy!
Run 5km – cancelled due to pregnancy!
29. Make and keep an appointment at a chiropodist
30. Get a professional manicure
31. Get a professional pedicure
32. Go to the dentist
33. Get new glasses
34. Go to bed before midnight every night for a week (7/7)
Food and drink:
35. Cook one new recipe every month (6/12)
36. Do not eat chocolate at all for 4 weeks straight (4/4)
37. Try one food I’ve never tasted before every month (6/12)
- January – Avocado
- February – Sea bass
- March – Asparagus
- April – Passion fruit
- May – Green smoothies
- June – Pak choi
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (52/52)
39. Drink no alcohol at all for 4 weeks straight (4/4)
40. Learn to use my sewing machine
41. Learn to do hardanger
42. Learn three new crochet stitches/styles/techniques (1/3)
43. Make / contribute to three items for charity (3/3)
44. Learn to do calligraphy
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (52/52)
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (52/52)
47. Put aside £10 for every challenge completed (£250/£520)
48. Buy a swimming costume
Get over my fear of needles enough to donate a pint of blood - cancelled due to pregnancy!
50. Self portrait picture every week (35/52)
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (35/52)
52. Make a new list of 52 things in 52 weeks for 2014