It’s cold and wintery outside, and I like nothing better than a hearty, warming bowl of soup for lunch, to heat me up from the inside. This is one of my favourite recipes to enjoy on such blustery days as I want to stay cozy and warm in the house!
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- A little oil
- 5 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 100g red lentils
- 1 ham stock cube
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1.5 ltr water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly saute the onion and garlic till just starting to go golden, then add all the other ingredients to the pan, and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the lentils and carrot are tender.
- Serve and add salt and pepper to suit your preferences.
It’s so easy to make, and the crushed fennel seeds add a delicious flavour to the soup that works really well.
I hope you’ll enjoy this lovely, warming soup. If you try it, let me know what you thought of it by leaving a comment below!