We’re now officially one third of the way through the year. Time is flying by faster than ever and I’m beginning to wonder if I’ll manage to complete my list of challenges this year – I certainly hope I can!
So, with no further ado, here’s how things are looking as of the end of April…
14. No more than 5-ingredients – Avoid any and all packaged food products that contain more than five ingredients no matter what ingredients.
This one was easy as I cook almost everything from scratch, so even on recipes with more than 5 ingredients, each item is a single ingredient. It’s all good, home cooking with simple, fresh ingredients, so I’m happy with that. And my 14 week real food challenge us now complete!
16. 30 days of green smoothies – April (20 / 30)
I had to buy yet another blender for this challenge (I have no luck with those things!) and I was away for part of the month so I didn’t get my green smoothie every day, but it was two thirds of the time, at least, so I count this month completed.
22. Do not eat chocolate at all for 4 weeks straight (4/4)
I’m sure I slipped up a few days here and there, but coupled with the time I went chocolate free in February, I’m ready to call quits on this one!
32. Take part in three author book blog tours (3 / 3)
I’ve now completely blasted this part of my list of challenges out of the water! See the blog tours and book blasts from this month here:
- To Live Forever: An Afterlife Journey of Meriwether Lewis by Andra Watkins
- Serpents in the Garden by Anna Belfrage
- 1066: What Fates Impose by G. K. Holloway
- The Towers of Tuscany by Carol M. Cram
- Blackwell’s Paradise by V. E. Ulett
34. Continue breastfeeding Button to the age of 6 months (10 April)
Button is now almost seven months old and has been breastfed the entire time. He’s now having some solids too…
39. Visit family in Scotland
40. Take a family holiday
See Tadpole’s take on our Easter holiday visit to Scotland HERE.
43. Go to the dentist
We all went along to the dentist before we left for our holiday, and all our teeth are in good health. Button doesn’t have any teeth yet.
23. Put £20 into Tadpole’s savings every month (£80 / £240)
24. Put £20 into Button’s savings every month (£80 / £240)
25. Split all my coppers between Tadpole’s and Button’s piggy banks each week (18/52)
26. Put £1 for each day of every month into savings (£121/ £365)
27. Put £1 for each challenge completed into the Xmas fund (£24 / £52)
28. Save all £2 coins into the Xmas fund each week (18/52)
29. Save all silver up to the value of 20p into the Xmas fund each week (18/52)
30. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (7/52)
Check out which books i finished in April HERE.
33. Visit six local attractions (3 / 6)
We went to Waves Leisure Pool at Whitley Bay during the Easter holidays – the first time the kids had been to a swimming pool. We all had a great time and will be going back regularly. We plan to get swimming lessons for Tadpole during the summer holidays…
38. Share a photo of my kids and me each month (4 / 12)
41. Take the kids to the library once a month (4 / 12)
Our monthly visits continue unabated…
46. Write twelve letters to my penpal (4 / 12)
I sent my letter along with one of the copies of Gorky Park which I was giving out for World Book Night.