I take part in several craft exchanges throughout the year – I love choosing and making gifts to send my recipients every bit as much as I do receiving them, but sometimes, just sometimes, I get absolutely blown away by the generosity and thoughtfulness of the people who go above and beyond when it comes to putting together the perfect gift.
Today is such a day.
No sooner had I received notification that my gift was winging its way to me, than the postman knocked on my door and handed over a box with my name and address on it. I eagerly ripped off the tape and opened it to see what was inside.
It was almost bursting at the seams with goodies!
- Two little bottles, filled with cinnamon whisky and vanilla whisky, to warm my cockles on the cold, dreary winter nights.
- A stunning hardback notebook with magnetic fastening, just begging to be filled with magical musings.
- A pretty little Chinese silk box, filled to the brim with painted wood bookmarks – I read multiple books at once, so it’s always handy to have loads of bookmarks to hand!
- A selection of tea and hot chocolate – I adore Twinings tea, and who doesn’t love hot chocolate, I ask you?
- A stunning wee teacup and saucer to enjoy my teas and hot chocolates, and two elegant linen napkins to dab the corners of my mouth.
- Not one, but TWO embroidery blanks with these quirky little Day of the Dead motifs in the corner. How adorable!
- Two leather bookmarks – I collect leather bookmarks, so to receive TWO such special ones is a wonderful surprise – they are spectacular!
- Two beautiful cloths that are super-soft and such pretty colours – they remind me of Scottish heather.
- A beautiful notecard set with book designs! Couldn’t be more perfect for me if they’d been specifically designed with me in mind!
- And a lovely letter too – isn’t the paper just to die for?!
I swear, I am like a kid in a toy shop right now – I can’t stop touching and playing with all my lovely gifts! Everything is absolutely perfect – I cannot believe this bounty comes to me from someone who has never met me, because it’s like she knows me inside out!
And right now, I’m enjoying a cup of peppermint and nettle tea in my pretty new cup. Cheers!