Several good things have happened over the last couple of days, so I thought I’d pop them on here so I can look back and remember on days when not so many good things happen.
- I bought some new leggings a few weeks back, and left them in the bag, forgetting all about them until yesterday. I had tried them on in the shop and they fit perfectly. Yesterday I couldn’t find any leggings and remembered the bag. I took out a pair and put them on. They immediately fell down. I didn’t know it was possible for leggings to fall down! They were hanging off my hips and even slightly saggy around the knees too. The weight loss is finally making a real difference!
- I took the leggings back to the shop to exchange, but they didn’t have any in the right size. So I got myself some pretty new bras instead. Yes, pretty ones – because I’ve managed to go down a cup size too, so I no longer have to shop in the super-expensive hammock-bra shops that cost a fortune. And the bras were in the sale, so they were a fraction of the cost. So I got three of them. And they have underwires and aren’t nursing bras! I’m beginning to feel a bit more normal again!
- Two weeks into my Slimming World programme, and I have shed 7 1/2 lbs, meaning that I earned my first half stone certificate today.
- This means I am now two stones lighter than I was at the start of the year!
- I was recognised in the street this morning. Someone came up to me and asked if I was the one singing at the Blyth Battery Evening of 1940s entertainment. When I affirmed I am she, the lady told me I was excellent and she really enjoyed it.
- Went to the dentist this afternoon and need absolutely nothing done to my teeth at all. This one isn’t unusual, as I’m very lucky in that I have very good teeth, and I take good care of them, but still, it’s always nice not to have to get anything done to them!