noun, plural chiaroscuros.
1. the distribution of light and shade in a picture.
2. Painting. the use of deep variations in and subtle gradations of light and shade, especially to enhance the delineation of character and for general dramatic effect: “Rembrandt is a master of chiaroscuro.”
3. a woodcut print in which the colors are produced by the use of different blocks with different colors.
4. a sketch in light and shade.
[kon-kyoo-pi-suh ns, kong-]
1. sexual desire; lust.
2. ardent, usually sensuous, longing.