verb (used with object), bamboozled, bamboozling.
1. to deceive or get the better of (someone) by trickery, flattery, or the like; humbug; hoodwink (often followed by into): “They bamboozled us into joining the club.”
2. to perplex; mystify; confound.
verb (used without object), bamboozled, bamboozling.
3. to practice trickery, deception, cozenage, or the like: “He bamboozled his way to the top.”
1. a military encampment made with tents or improvised shelters, usually without shelter or protection from enemy fire.
2. the place used for such an encampment.
verb (used without object), bivouacked, bivouacking.
3. to rest or assemble in such an area; encamp.