Got a lot to pack into this week before we get going, so just a quick update here, with two more completed challenges (hurrah!) to boot!
1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (52/52) – COMPLETED
Finished: Georgette Heyer – Cotillion
Reading: Bernard Schaffer – The Girl from Tenerife
4. Read only books that I already have, have been given as gifts/to review, or have borrowed from the library for 52 weeks (35/52)
Another week without buying any books for myself. I’m getting kind of good at resisting the impulse!
Travel away from home:
23. Visit my family in Braemar twice (2/2) – COMPLETED
Spent the day with The Olds at Braemar – just one last visit before we flit! Tadpole had a lovely time and especially enjoyed feeding the ducks which live near to Grandpa – about 40 or 50 of them crowd round when they realise you have bread for them!
Food and drink:
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (35/52)
Vegetarian day: Tuesday
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (35/52)
Total saved in £2 coins: £92.00
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (35/52)
Total 5p pieces saved: £19.80
All coppers have gone directly into Tadpole’s piggy bank
47. Put aside £10 for every challenge completed (£160/£520)
Two more challenges completed this week – #1 and #23 – so another £20 in the pot – hurrah!
50. Self portrait picture every week (35/52)
I finally got round to dying my hair again and this time went for a slightly different colour – it’s called Raspberry Rebel and is a very pinkish sort of red. I love it. It’s not quite as pink as the picture on the box (because my hair isn’t bleached), although it is more pink than the photograph would suggest, but it’s pretty nifty. The only downside is that it’s not a permanent colour – only a 6-8 washes, which means it’ll come out pretty fast. At least I have a little left over to top it up when that happens!
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (35/52)