Another action-packed week has passed and now the time really WILL seem to fly because we’re going to be so busy! We will be moving to Northumberland (from whence I came!) in a couple of months, so now the frenzy of getting the flat ready for sale, getting it actually up for sale, and selling it has begun. Along with that, we need to sort out a new school for Tadpole, new doctors and midwives for me (as well as finding out where Button will be born, because this baby will be born a Geordie!) and trying to find a new home for us!
Along with all this, we need to keep Tadpole entertained and occasionally get out and about to enjoy the summer before it’s over, as this will be our last summer living in Aberdeen!
It’s all very exciting, but very scary at the same time, because we’ll be moving (to my Mam and Pop’s place initially) just a few short weeks before Button is due and the amount of things that we need to organise between now and then is mind-boggling! Wish us luck!
1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (45/52)
Reading: Alexandre Dumas – The Man in the Iron Mask (K)
Reading: David Peace – The Damned United
4. Read only books that I already have, have been given as gifts/to review, or have borrowed from the library for 52 weeks (28/52)
We returned all our library books today – we won’t be getting any more out before we move to Northumberland, at which point we shall have to register with a new library! Still no new books bought though!
Film and Television:
7. Watch 52 films in 52 weeks (51/52)
- Dead Man Down (2013)
- The Words (2012)
Travel away from home:
22. Visit my family in Northumberland twice (1/2)
When we go down in September, we’ll be staying for good!
23. Visit my family in Braemar twice (1/2)
Planing a mini-break to my Dad’s place before we leave…
24. Go to Edinburgh for a mini break
25. Visit the National Museum of Scotland (in Edinburgh)
26. Visit Edinburgh Zoo
These three challenges are now cancelled, or at least temporarily suspended due to our moving very shortly. However, Edinburgh is closer to Northumberland than it is to Aberdeen, so we may still make it to the zoo and museum as day trips before the end of the year, one we get settled…
Food and Drink:
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (28/52)
Vegetarian day: Tuesday
43. Make / contribute to three items for charity (1/3)
Although I haven’t finished yet, I’m in the process of sorting through all my craft stuff, downsizing for the move, and I have earmarked several items I’ve made to go to charity shops. I’ll take them along very shortly and this part of the challenge will then be completed.
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (28/52)
Total saved in £2 coins: £76.00
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (28/52)
Total 5p pieces saved: £18.35
All coppers have gone directly into Tadpole’s piggy bank.
50. Self portrait picture every week (28/52)
Here I am, very tired after a long day of sprucing up the flat, followed by a long evening at work. I don’t look my best, but I’m happy. Behind this little sign, I’m smiling a big smiley grin.
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (28/52)