We’ve had another busy week – a midwife appointment where we got to listen to Button’s heartbeat for the first time. At first Button was squiggling around so much we couldn’t get a good read, but Tadpole came over and whispered into my tummy, “Stay still, Button!” and to our surprise, s/he did! I think Tadpole felt very proud to have been listened to by his little brother/sister! School is also now finished for the summer, so we have a note of all the interesting and exciting activities that are happening locally over the coming weeks to keep Tadpole entertained. I get the feeling I’ll be shattered by autumn!
1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (45/52)
Finished: Marie Mongan – HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method: A Natural Approach to Safe, Easier, More Comfortable Birthing
Finished: Jeffrey Eugenides – The Virgin Suicides
Finished: Isaac Marion – Warm Bodies
Reading: Alexandre Dumas – The Man in the Iron Mask (K)
4. Read only books that I already have, have been given as gifts/to review, or have borrowed from the library for 52 weeks (27/52)
Two of the books I finished this week (The Virgin Suicides and Warm Bodies) were from the library. I always made good use of our local libraries, but this year I’m really upping the ante and I’ve still managed to avoid buying any new books for myself!
Film and Television:
7. Watch 52 films in 52 weeks (49/52)
- Olympus Has Fallen (2013)
- Snow White: Happily Ever After (1990)
- Star Trek: Generations (1994)
- The Virgin Suicides (1999)
- Fast & Furious 6 (2013)
Food and drink:
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (27/52)
Vegetarian day: Tuesday
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (27/52)
Total saved in £2 coins: £74.00
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (27/52)
Total 5p pieces saved: £18.10
All coppers have gone directly into Tadpole’s piggy bank.
50. Self portrait picture every week (27/52)
Another week, another selfie. Here we go! Here I am ni a place I wish I could spend more time – my bed! What with Button kicking me constantly from the inside and Tadpole being an early riser, I never seem to be able to get enough sleep – something that’s not about to change any time soon! Ah well, best get on with it!
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (27/52)