Look at that – we’re almost half way through the year! It’s been a busy week with school trips, visiting friends and crafting (I’m almost finished Button’s cosy-warm winter weight blanket!), and I’m definitely starting to get more tired these days. Things are ticking along nicely, and we have another busy week ahead of us, so here’s this week’s update…
1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (42/52)
Finished: Bernard Schaffer – Whitechapel: The Final Stand of Sherlock Holmes (Jack the Ripper) (K)
Reading: Marie Mongan – HypnoBirthing: The Mongan Method: A Natural Approach to Safe, Easier, More Comfortable Birthing
Reading: Alexandre Dumas – The Man in the Iron Mask (K)
4. Read only books that I already have, have been given as gifts/to review, or have borrowed from the library for 52 weeks (25/52)
I almost caved in when I saw some great deals in the supermarket today, but I managed to resist!
Film and Television:
7. Watch 52 films in 52 weeks (40/52)
Watched: Warm Bodies (2013)
Watched: Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
Watched: Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Food and drink:
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (25/52)
Vegetarian day: Monday
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (25/52)
Total saved in £2 coins: £64.00
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (25/52)
Total 5p pieces saved: £17.60
All coppers have gone directly into Tadpole’s piggy bank.
50. Self portrait picture every week (25/52)
A close up this week – showing how badly my hair needs to be re-dyed, as it has about a million different shades of red and orange through it at the moment. As soon as I get a free hour or two to myself, I’ll be re-dying it red! I’m starting to feel a little easier about having my photo taken, so this part of the challenge is kind of working.
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (25/52)