And now we’re into May already. How did that happen? Time is passing far too quickly this year, although here in the frozen north of Scotland, we seem to be stuck in the wrong season – it’s still mostly quite wintery weather and we haven’t properly even begun spring yet, when by now we should really be heading towards summer!
1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (33/52)
Finished: Laura Ingalls Wilder – The Little House in the Big Woods (Little House #1)
Finished: Laura Ingalls Wilder – The Little House on the Prairie (Little House #2)
Finished: Elizabeth Lord – The Gift (Kindle e-book)
Reading: Amanda Grange – The Earl Next Door (Kindle e-book)
Reading: George RR Martin – A Dance with Dragons Pt 2: After the Feast (A Song of Ice and Fire #5b)
4. Read only books that I already have, have been given as gifts/to review, or have borrowed from the library for 52 weeks (18/52)
Tadpole and I took a trip to the library last week and I came home with the first two books in Laura Ingalls Wilder’s “Little House” series. I haven’t read them since I was a kid, so it’s nice to revisit them now. I always enjoyed Laura’s adventures as her family headed west.
Travel away from home:
23. Visit my family in Braemar twice (1/2)
We spent the day in Braemar visiting my Dad and Step-Mum and had a lovely time.
Food and drink:
35. Cook one new recipe every month (5/12)
I’ve been trying out green smoothie recipes – something I’ve never done before!
37. Try one food I’ve never tasted before every month (5/12)
I’m taking part in the Love Your Greens 30-Day Challenge and tried green smoothies for the first time ever. So far I’m enjoying them, so it shouldn’t be too hard to have one every day for the whole month of May! Now, if I can just persuade Tadpole to try one of my “Hulk Smoothies”…
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (18/52)
Vegetarian day: Wednesday
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (18/52)
Total saved: £58.00
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (18/52)
Total 5p pieces saved: £10.50
All coppers have gone directly into Tadpole’s piggy bank.
50. Self portrait picture every week (17/52)
As you can see, I finally braved the smell of hair dye and dyed my hair! It was in sore need of it as my roots were about 5 inches long! I’d put it off so long because a) I was in early pregnancy and didn’t want to risk anything that night possibly harm Button, and b) I felt so dreadful with the morning sickness and odd smells still cause waves of nausea to wash over me. In the end, though, everything went well and I now have vibrantly red hair once more. Needless to say, I feel much more like myself again now!
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (18/52)