Anyway, here’s how things stand on my list of 52 challenges…
1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (15/52) – IN PROGRESS
Finished: Guy Bass – Stitch Head (borrowed from the library)
Finished: Philippa Gregory – The Kingmaker’s Daughter (Cousins’ War #4)
Reading: P G Wodehouse – Thank You, Jeeves
4. Read only books that I already have, have been given as gifts/to review, or have borrowed from the library for 52 weeks (8/52) – IN PROGRESS
Still managing to avoid buying any books, although I did download two free e-books on my Kindle. However, as I didn’t spend any money on them, I did not break the spirit of this part of the challenge. They are both about the Tudors, so I can very easily be excused, as they’re something of a passion of mine!
6. Read 6 pre-WWII classics (0/6) – IN PROGRESS
Started reading Thank You, Jeeves by P G Wodehouse, which was first published in 1934, giving me a clear five years before the outbreak of World War II.
Film and Television:
7. Watch 52 films in 52 weeks (20/52) – IN PROGRESS
No new films this week…
11. Watch all four seasons of Downton Abbey (2/4) – IN PROGRESS
There were only eight episodes in the second season and they’ve all been during World War I, so it’s been quite harrowing and emotional. The Christmas special was excellent too, and I’m now half way through season 3!
Food and drink:
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (8/52) – IN PROGRESS
Vegetarian day: Wednesday
39. Drink no alcohol at all for 4 weeks straight (3/4) – IN PROGRESS
I think this has been possibly the easiest of all my challenges. I haven’t missed alcohol at all, but I suppose if I drank more often, I might have done. Of course, I’ve been quite ill the last few weeks, so that probably played a part in it, but I have foind myself completely unbothered about having the occasional glass of wine!
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (8/52) – IN PROGRESS
Total saved: £36.00
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (8/52) – IN PROGRESS
Total 5p pieces saved: £7.15
I’ve not actually spent at my money this week, so I have had no change to add to this challenge.
47. Put aside £10 for every challenge completed (£70/£520) – IN PROGRESS
No further completions yet, but there are one or two coming close, so I’m sure there’ll be a little extra in this pot in the next few weeks…
50. Self portrait picture every week (8/52) – IN PROGRESS
Here I am modelling my cosy new cowl and headband which I crocheted myself. They really help keep out the chill, which is just as well because it’s still rather cold here in the frozen north of Scotland! We’re still getting occasional flurries of snow and bitingly cold winds, so it’s still very much winter here. I can hardly wait for spring!
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (8/52) – IN PROGRESS