We’re half way through February and my challenges are all coming along very nicely… I’ve still been recovering from flu and visiting my Dad in hospital after his stroke, but we’re both slowly getting better, and nothing will keep either of us from achieving what we set out to do! So, on with the progress report.
1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (13/52) – IN PROGRESS
Finished: Carole Matthews – A Cottage by the Sea (reviewed for publisher)
Reading: Philippa Gregory – The Kingmaker’s Daughter (Cousins’ War #4)
Reading: Guy Bass – Stitch Head (borrowed from the library)
Abandoned unfinished: Kim Fay – The Map of Lost Memories
4. Read only books that I already have, have been given as gifts/to review, or have borrowed from the library for 52 weeks (7/52) – IN PROGRESS
The temptation to buy new books for myself was incredibly difficult to resist, as a friend linked to a fantastic deal on the most beautiful set of leather-bound books which were very inexpensive and have free shipping on them. I almost had to hack my arms off to stop myself form ordering a few! However, my arms are still intact (or I’d be unable to type right now!) and I have not broken my vow not to buy any books. I shall just have to hope they are still available next year!
Film and Television:
7. Watch 52 films in 52 weeks (20/52) – IN PROGRESS
Watched this week:
- Argo (2012)
8. Watch 12 films nominated for Oscars at the 85th Academy Awards (11/12) – IN PROGRESS
Watched this week:
- Argo (2012)
I did also try to watch Anna Karenina, but it was so boring I only watched the first 25 minutes of it before refusing to subject myself to any more of it. I might have gouged my own eyes out and punctured my eardrums just to escape boredom if I had not!
11. Watch all four seasons of Downton Abbey (1/4) – IN PROGRESS
I started watching the first season of Downton Abbey this week – I actually finished the entire first season! I am enjoying it immensely.
Health and happiness:
27. Lose 14 lbs (11.5/14) – IN PROGRESS
I’ve been very ill this week, so I’ve not stepped on the scales at all. As a result I have no idea if I have lost, gained or stayed the same this week…
Food and drink:
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (7/52) – IN PROGRESS
Vegetarian day: Wednesday
I ate absolutely no meat on Wednesday at all.
39. Drink no alcohol at all for 4 weeks straight (2/4) – IN PROGRESS
My second “dry” week was just as easy as the first, especially as I’ve still been recovering from flu and running back and forth to the hospital to visit my Dad. This part of the challenge is a cinch!
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (7/52) – IN PROGRESS
Total saved: £32.00
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (7/52) – IN PROGRESS
Total 5p pieces saved: £6.10
All coppers have gone into Tadpole’s piggy bank
50. Self portrait picture every week (7/52) – IN PROGRESS
I’ve gone a bit pop-art this week, using the same online programme I used last time round, but this time with a colour wash and repeating it. I really needed an effect this week because I still look pretty dreadful from my bout of the flu!
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (7/52) – IN PROGRESS
Well, that’s seven weeks of progress updates done! Getting into the swing of doing things now…