1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (10/52) – IN PROGRESS
Finished: Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell – Barnaby Grimes: Phantom of Blood Alley
Reading: Kim Fay – The Map of Lost Memories (reviewing for publisher)
4. Read only books that I already have, have been given as gifts/to review, or have borrowed from the library for 52 weeks (5/52) – IN PROGRESS
Still no new book purchases. This must be the longest I’ve ever gone without buying even a single book! It’s incredibly difficult because I keep seeing books I want, but I have been sent books for review and have won several books from Goodreads, so that will help stave off the cravings (I hope!).
Film and Television:
7. Watch 52 films in 52 weeks (17/52) – IN PROGRESS
Watched this week:
- Brick (2005)
8. Watch 12 films nominated for Oscars at the 85th Academy Awards (9/12) – IN PROGRESS
No new films to add this week, but I’m sure there will be additions next week – so close to completion!
Health and happiness:
27. Lose 14 lbs (11.5/14) – IN PROGRESS
Getting so close now – just a few more pounds to go to complete this challenge. Of course, I aim to shed more than 14 lbs, but it’s a good place to start, at least!
32. Go to the dentist – COMPLETED
I actually forgot to update this one – we went to the dentist the second week in January!
34. Go to bed before midnight every night for a week (7/7) – COMPLETED
I went to bed EVERY NIGHT before midnight this week – in bed and lights off. I only just made it a couple of times, but I did it. I don’t think I actually got much more sleep than usual as our neighbours downstairs snore so loudly it not only keeps us awake, but wakes up up again once we’ve fallen asleep. This does not help my insomnia. Still, I made the effort, I did it, it’s another challenge completed! Anyway, as a result of completing this challenge, I haven’t read nearly as much as I usually do, as most of my reading is done in bed…
Food and drink:
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (5/52) – IN PROGRESS
Vegetarian day: Wednesday
No meat or fish today, although eggs and cheese are allowed (vegetarian, not vegan!). That’s the last of the vegetarian haggis finished now – I really did enjoy that and will happily get it again!
39. Drink no alcohol at all for 4 weeks straight (0/4) – IN PROGRESS
February has just started, but no alcohol has passed my lips so far, and will not for the whole month!
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (5/52) – IN PROGRESS
Total saved: £30.00
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (5/52) – IN PROGRESS
Total 5p pieces saved: £2.35
All coppers have gone into Tadpole’s piggy bank.
47. Put aside £10 for every challenge completed (£70/£520) – IN PROGRESS
Another challenge completed – I was in bed with the lights off by midnight every night this week – hurrah! And, of course, I forgot to update the dentist challenge, so that’s been added in too.
50. Self portrait picture every week (5/52) – IN PROGRESS
This part of the challenge is more about me getting over my fear of the camera than anything else. I absolutely hate having my photograph taken, but Hubby says he thinks my reluctance to have my image being captured may be rubbing off on Tadpole, so I’m making a concerted effort not to shy away from the camera quite so much. If I can get used to seeing myself in photographs, then maybe I won’t be so ready to bolt when people try to snap me!
Something a little different this week. I took two photographs of myself – one with my glasses, and one without. Then I cut them both into quarters and rejigged them, so I have, well, I suppose it’s kind of a Picasso effect, but not quite. I’m not sure what I’d call it. Maybe mosaic? Anyway, here’s how it looked when I’d finished playing around with it. It’s not perfect, but then again, neither am I…
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (5/52) – IN PROGRESS
I’ve now posted five weekly updates. That’s January finished and February begun – I can’t believe how quickly time is passing – before we know it it’ll be next year!!!