I’m two weeks into my challenge now and making some headway with a few of the long-term challenges. I’ve read some excellent books, watched some brilliant films, and continued eating healthily (albeit with a slight slip up on one day, but at least I didn’t eat any chocolate!). Check out below to see how I got on this week…
1. Read 52 books in 52 weeks (4/52) – IN PROGRESS
Finished: Suzanne Collins – Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3)
Finished: Richard Castle – Storm Season (Derrick Storm Graphic Novel #2)
Reading: Richard Castle – Frozen Heat (Nikki Heat #4)
4. Read only books that I already have for 52 weeks (2/52) – IN PROGRESS
I can confirm I have not bought any books for myself this week. In fact, I have not bought any books at all – not even for others! One of the books I ordered before new year, however, did arrive this week. Only one more to come!
8. Watch 12 films nominated for Oscars at the 85th Academy Awards (3/12) – IN PROGRESS
So far I have watched (this year):
I did actually watch some films last year, however as I did not watch them this year, I will not count them in this challenge. The ones I saw last year are:
- The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists
- Snow White and the Huntsman
- Mirror Mirror
- Avengers Assemble
HEALTH AND HAPPINESS:
27. Lose 14 lbs (8/14) – IN PROGRESS
Just over half way through this challenge. Be sure I won’t be stopping at 14 lbs though – last year I lost more, but put some back on. Still I ended up 10lbs lighter at the end of the year than I was at the start, and that’s progress, however small. Really pleased with the result this week. I’ve worked hard and will continue to do so!
FOOD AND DRINK:
35. Cook one new recipe every month (1/12) – IN PROGRESS
Vegetarian stuffed Canelloni: I made a delicious meal of canelloni stuffed with soft cheese, onion, garlic, mushroom and spinach, and topped it with quorn bolognese before grating cheese over the top and baking it in the oven. It was delicious! I feel even better about it because it’s my own recipe – hurrah!
36. Do not eat chocolate at all for 4 weeks straight (2/4) – IN PROGRESS
No chocolate has passed my lips this week. This is tough! I had a bit of a slip-up in my healthy eating this week and almost caved in, but managed to resist!
38. Eat only vegetarian meals one day every week (2/52) – IN PROGRESS
Vegetarian day: Tuesday
I can confirm that on Tuesday 8th January, I ate no meat or fish at all. Eggs and cheese, yes (after all, I said vegetarian, not vegan!), but no meat or fish. See #35.
45. Save all £2 coins for 52 weeks (2/52) – IN PROGRESS
Total saved: £12.00
46. Save all 1p/2p/5p coins for 52 weeks (2/52) – IN PROGRESS
Total 5p pieces saved: £0.50
All coppers have gone directly into Tadpole’s piggy bank.
47. Put aside £10 for every challenge completed (£20/£520) – IN PROGRESS
Two challenges completed already, so £20 has made it into the pot! I’m inching closer to completing a few more, so I expect this total to grow by the end of the month!
50. Self portrait picture every week (2/52) – IN PROGRESS
This part of the challenge is more about me getting over my fear of the camera than anything else. I absolutely hate having my photograph taken, but Hubby says he thinks my reluctance to have my image being captured may be rubbing off on Tadpole, so I’m making a concerted effort not to shy away from the camera quite so much. If I can get used to seeing myself in photographs, then maybe I won’t be so ready to bolt when people try to snap me!
Incidentally, I ran this photograph through an analysis on Facebook, and apparently I look 27, which is pretty nifty considering I’m 36!
51. Post a weekly update of my progress on my blog (2/52) – IN PROGRESS
Well, you’re reading it now! As you can see, there has been some progress on some of the long-term challenges and the money in the finances section is already starting to tot up a little!