After my little experiment with bacon cups a little while ago, I decided to try something even simpler – a “posh” version of bacon and eggs that features just three ingredients and can play a delicious part of any meal, whether you fancy it for breakfast, or brunch, lunch, part of diner, or as a quick supper.
Posh bacon and eggs
one serving (increase for additional portions)
- 1 slice bacon
- 1 egg
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Cut the fat/rind off the slice of bacon and arrange it in a silicone cupcake case to form a cup
- Crack the egg into the bacon cup
- Sprinkle a small pinch of freshly ground pepper on top
- Pop in the oven for 10-20 minutes (lower end for a runny yolk, higher end for a solid yolk)
- Serve hot or cold
There you go – you don’t get much simpler than that! Enjoy as part of a full English breakfast, or just as it is with a slice of toast. I like my yolk solid, but depending on how you like your eggs, you can adjust the time for anywhere along the 10-20 minutes scale.
If you try out this recipe, please do let me know what you think of it!